It’s been a little while since we all had to hunker down and practice extreme social distancing. Now that the pandemic seems to be winding down, many of us are looking forward to returning to the “old normal” again.
But what about hosting guests? Are you still unsure of how to entertain them without risking their health? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
In this blog post, we will discuss some low-stress ways to entertain your guests while keeping everyone safe and happy.
Safely Hosting Guests After the Pandemic
So, you’re finally ready to have guests over again. Congratulations! Here are a few tips to help you host them safely:
- If safety is your first priority, you might wish to ask your guests to test themselves shortly before coming. However, some people might find such requests repulsive, so the decision is on you.
- Consider deep cleaning your home before the guests arrive. This way, you can be sure that no hidden viruses are lurking around.
- Sticking to outdoor activities will minimize the risk of exposure.
- If you plan to stay indoors, make sure that the space is well ventilated.
- Have plenty of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on hand for everyone.
- Try to avoid sharing food and drinks as much as possible, and opt for individual servings.
- Keep in touch with your guests before they come over so that you can answer any questions they may have about safety precautions.
- Have a backup plan in case something comes up last minute. This way, you won’t be scrambling to find an alternative solution.
Ideas for Entertaining Guests Outdoors
Entertaining outdoors sometimes requires more time and effort – but it pays off at least as much. Check the following ideas and see if they work for you.
Make a Picnic or BBQ
Take advantage of the fine weather and organize a backyard BBQ or a picnic in the park. Invite the guests over for an outdoor party. This is a great way to socialize in fresh air while still maintaining a safe distance from each other.
Watch Movies Outdoors
Provided that you have the ability, an outdoor home cinema party can be quite an experience. The lack of a spacious private backyard is not a reason to give up in advance. Consider alternatives such as going out of town. Think of places isolated enough to make some noise without bothering anyone – even a beach. Rent a projector and screen, pop some popcorn, make snacks, and settle in for a movie night with your friends.
Play a Game
Board games are making a comeback. You can use them indoors or outdoors and even combine the playtime with a picnic/BBQ. Have your friends bring over their favorite traditional sets or try something completely new. Alternatively, organize a mini sports tournament with a fun prize.
Ideas for Entertaining Guests Indoors
Ready to gather inside your home? Here are some ideas you can use.
Cook Dinner Together
Cooking can be filled with fun, so why not invite your friends over to help you make dinner? It’s an energetic and engaging way to entertain, filled with psychological benefits. Moreover, it’s also a way to make most of your time, including catching up and chatting while busy in the kitchen.
Organize Wine or Beer Tasting
Enjoy with your friends by organizing a tasting party. There are plenty of online guides that can help you get started. Just make sure you have plenty of clean – and adequate – glasses at hand. Also, consider individual portions of any bites you will serve in the process.
Start a Book Club
If you and your friends love reading, why not start a book club? This is a great way to engage, stay connected and stimulate your mind through discussions. Better yet, you can do that virtually if you’re still feeling reluctant to meet in person.
Not Ready for Live Parties Yet? Have a Virtual Happy Hour!
If you’re not ready to host yet, that’s okay! You can still have fun with your friends by meeting up for a virtual happy hour. Grab your favorite drink and snacks and catch up with your friends online. Play a word game, make a theme night, or simply chit chat – whatever makes you happy.
Finally, don’t forget to relax and enjoy yourself! No matter how you choose to entertain your guests, the most important thing is to do what makes you feel comfortable. The pandemic has been hard on all of us, so take things at your own pace and don’t put any unnecessary pressure on yourself.